A drop from grade I competition paid off for Emotional Kitten, who came roaring down the stretch to sweep past outsider Effie Trinket and win the $205,100 Mrs. Revere Stakes for 3-year-old fillies the night of Nov. 16.
- By Frank Angst
Tom LaMarra and Frank Angst look at the loaded field of the Mrs. Revere Stakes. watch video
Effie Trinket, a three-time stakes winner at Belmont Park, ventures from New York for the first time to face graded company in the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) on the grass Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom LaMarra and Claire Novak handicap the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes at Keeneland. Will one of the Kitten's win this weekend? watch video
Alterite, a 1 1/2-length winner of the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) in her North American debut last month, heads a field of nine 3-year-old fillies entered for the $400,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT).
Trainer Wayne Catalano was doing a little advance planning the morning of Oct. 7, both in the short term for the Keeneland meet and for a few weeks down the road at the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita.
Europe, Presque Isle Downs, Arlington Park, Belmont Park, Wise Dan and Woodbine! view slideshow
Daughter of Ready's Image owned by the Hit The Board Stables partnership group goes wire-to-wire in the nine-furlong turf test for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
I'm Already Sexy and I O Ireland, each a winner in a division of the Hatoof Stakes, return in search of an initial graded stakes victory in the $175,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park on Sept. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes