The latest blueprints for expanding gaming in Illinois appear to scale back dramatically on aid for the racing industry.
Some $35 million a year in subsidies promised to the Illinois racing industry in recently passed legislation appears headed for court rather than the tracks. The situation threatens to become a replay of events that derailed an even bigger subsidy approved seven years ago.
The Illinois Gaming Board Tuesday voted against granting a license for Emerald Casino's plan to build a more than $100 million gambling barge in Rosemont, Ill. An appeal is expected.
Citing jurisdictional issues, a federal judge has rejected a lawsuit challenging a proposed casino in Rosemont, Ill.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms