The latest blueprints for expanding gaming in Illinois appear to scale back dramatically on aid for the racing industry.
Some $35 million a year in subsidies promised to the Illinois racing industry in recently passed legislation appears headed for court rather than the tracks. The situation threatens to become a replay of events that derailed an even bigger subsidy approved seven years ago.
The Illinois Gaming Board Tuesday voted against granting a license for Emerald Casino's plan to build a more than $100 million gambling barge in Rosemont, Ill. An appeal is expected.
Citing jurisdictional issues, a federal judge has rejected a lawsuit challenging a proposed casino in Rosemont, Ill.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91