Love and Pride, good enough to beat champion Royal Delta in her previous start, had little trouble dispatching her rivals in the $250,000 Zenyatta Stakes (gr. I), going gate to wire at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Love and Pride, staked to a daylight lead in the stretch by John Velazquez, denied the late bid of 3-5 pick Royal Delta to earn her first grade I victory in the $600,000 Personal Ensign Stakes Aug. 26 at Saratoga Race Course.
Trainer Todd Pletcher sent the 4-year-old filly off a runner-up effort to grade III success at Delaware Park June 16.
Adoration and favored Saint Bernadette dueled for the lead around the second turn before Adoration gained a short lead in the stretch and held on to win Saturday's $266,800 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) by a length at Hollywood Park.
Godolphin's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Tempera missed training Saturday due to a fever, according to assistant trainer Tom Albertrani. Also Saturday, Ile De France was added to the likely field and Bella Bellucci worked seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale