The California Horse Racing Board takes a first look at a race dates calendar that doesn't include Betfair Hollywood Park next year when it convenes in Sacramento May 23.
The California Horse Racing Board, looking to improve upon a rule it approved last year, is considering a change that would void the claim of a horse that is later placed on the official veterinary list for being unsound.
The California Horse Racing Board agreed Dec. 15 to extend the license of account wagering firm TwinSpires.com after receiving assurance that parent company Churchill Downs Inc. would meet with the Jockeys' Guild.
The decision by Churchill Downs Inc. to drop a longstanding insurance agreement with the Jockeys' Guild could have ramifications in California for the company's advance deposit wagering firm TwinSpires.com.
A 2012 race dates calendar was approved by the California Horse Racing Board Oct. 6, with only minor changes from its 2011 version.
A decision on what to do with autumn race dates traditionally held by the Oak Tree Racing Association was put off by the California Horse Racing Board until a meeting next month.
The California Horse Racing Board finally gave approval to a Northern California fair racing dates program for 2010 during its meeting at Santa Anita Park Jan. 15, though not everyone was happy with the much-delayed action.
Only a few days after researchers announced the cloning of a full sibling to the 9-year-old racing mule Taz, he upset 11-year-old Black Ruby in a $900 open event at the Humboldt County Fair in Winnemucca, Nev.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win