The California Horse Racing Board takes a first look at a race dates calendar that doesn't include Betfair Hollywood Park next year when it convenes in Sacramento May 23.
The California Horse Racing Board, looking to improve upon a rule it approved last year, is considering a change that would void the claim of a horse that is later placed on the official veterinary list for being unsound.
The California Horse Racing Board agreed Dec. 15 to extend the license of account wagering firm TwinSpires.com after receiving assurance that parent company Churchill Downs Inc. would meet with the Jockeys' Guild.
The decision by Churchill Downs Inc. to drop a longstanding insurance agreement with the Jockeys' Guild could have ramifications in California for the company's advance deposit wagering firm TwinSpires.com.
A 2012 race dates calendar was approved by the California Horse Racing Board Oct. 6, with only minor changes from its 2011 version.
A decision on what to do with autumn race dates traditionally held by the Oak Tree Racing Association was put off by the California Horse Racing Board until a meeting next month.
The California Horse Racing Board finally gave approval to a Northern California fair racing dates program for 2010 during its meeting at Santa Anita Park Jan. 15, though not everyone was happy with the much-delayed action.
Only a few days after researchers announced the cloning of a full sibling to the 9-year-old racing mule Taz, he upset 11-year-old Black Ruby in a $900 open event at the Humboldt County Fair in Winnemucca, Nev.
Most Popular Stories
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- National HBPA Questions Federal Drug Bill
- Virginia Defining Horsemen's Group Criteria
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015