Tyler Baze was supposed to be aboard three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man for this year's 69th running. But when the veteran stakes hero was withdrawn prior to entries being taken, the jockey wound up on lightly regarded Mast Track. The move couldn't have worked out better for Baze when his 10-1 outsider employed front-running tactics to win in a Cushion Track record time June 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- KY House Passes BC Tax Break Legislation
- Gleeson Named to Grayson Research Position
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- IFHA Releases List of Top 100 Group I Races
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes