Three Hour Nap, a multiple graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his daughter Family Icon won a maiden special weight race at Hawthorne Oct. 29 at first asking.
Homewrecker Stable's Three Hour Nap came through a narrow opening on the turn for home and scooted away to a hard-fought one-length victory over Summer Book in Saturday's $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course.
In a pair of stakes for 3-year-old sprinters on the Illinois Derby undercard at Hawthorne Saturday, Smoke Smoke Smoke rolled to an impressive win over Santana Strings in the $143,650 Lost Code Breeders' Cup while the filly Portsea handled favored Magascape in the $144,000 Meafara BC.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, runner-up in the Maker's Mark Mile at Keeneland in April, will be the staring high weight at 118 pounds when he faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile on turf Sunday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work