Three Hour Nap, a multiple graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his daughter Family Icon won a maiden special weight race at Hawthorne Oct. 29 at first asking.
Homewrecker Stable's Three Hour Nap came through a narrow opening on the turn for home and scooted away to a hard-fought one-length victory over Summer Book in Saturday's $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course.
In a pair of stakes for 3-year-old sprinters on the Illinois Derby undercard at Hawthorne Saturday, Smoke Smoke Smoke rolled to an impressive win over Santana Strings in the $143,650 Lost Code Breeders' Cup while the filly Portsea handled favored Magascape in the $144,000 Meafara BC.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, runner-up in the Maker's Mark Mile at Keeneland in April, will be the staring high weight at 118 pounds when he faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile on turf Sunday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks