The Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association announced that Sue Leslie, its chairman, will assume the duties of the departing president Hector Clouthier.
Woodbine officials said a "softening" in wagering has led them to cut purses by 3% effective Sept. 10.
In the wake of the New York Racing Association's announcement it would require starters in the June 7 Belmont Stakes to be in a "stakes barn" about 24 hours before the race, officials at two major dual-breed racetracks said detention, or retention, has achieved its goals but continues to be assessed on a regular basis.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls