The Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association announced that Sue Leslie, its chairman, will assume the duties of the departing president Hector Clouthier.
Woodbine officials said a "softening" in wagering has led them to cut purses by 3% effective Sept. 10.
In the wake of the New York Racing Association's announcement it would require starters in the June 7 Belmont Stakes to be in a "stakes barn" about 24 hours before the race, officials at two major dual-breed racetracks said detention, or retention, has achieved its goals but continues to be assessed on a regular basis.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD