New York's five off-track betting corporations said they have cut ties with Churchill Downs Inc. and won't offer signals from tracks owned by the company or tracks that contract with CDI to sell their simulcast signals.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle is up 10.3% year-to-date at Tampa Bay Downs, which puts the Florida racetrack on course to average more than $4 million per day and finish with its highest wagering total since the 2010-11 meet.
- By Tom LaMarra
Jokes aside, there could be progress on the pari-mutuel pricing front if comments by industry officials are any indication.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow