New York's five off-track betting corporations said they have cut ties with Churchill Downs Inc. and won't offer signals from tracks owned by the company or tracks that contract with CDI to sell their simulcast signals.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle is up 10.3% year-to-date at Tampa Bay Downs, which puts the Florida racetrack on course to average more than $4 million per day and finish with its highest wagering total since the 2010-11 meet.
- By Tom LaMarra
Jokes aside, there could be progress on the pari-mutuel pricing front if comments by industry officials are any indication.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine