New York's five off-track betting corporations said they have cut ties with Churchill Downs Inc. and won't offer signals from tracks owned by the company or tracks that contract with CDI to sell their simulcast signals.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle is up 10.3% year-to-date at Tampa Bay Downs, which puts the Florida racetrack on course to average more than $4 million per day and finish with its highest wagering total since the 2010-11 meet.
- By Tom LaMarra
Jokes aside, there could be progress on the pari-mutuel pricing front if comments by industry officials are any indication.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- WinStar Farm Earns First Outstanding Breeder Eclipse
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull