Retired trainer Mel Stute will be discharged from a rehab facility in Pomona, Calif., Dec. 29, according to his son, trainer Gary Stute.
Edgar Prado was hospitalized, but quickly released April 23 following a spill at Keeneland Race Course. The Peruvian jockey, who will ride Adriano in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) for trainer H. Graham Motion, had been aboard another Motion trainee in the seventh race at the Lexington oval when the accident occurred.
Jockey Garrett Gomez was hospitalized Oct. 3 following an incident at Belmont Park during the third race of the day.
Jockey Joe Bravo was hospitalized with a broken left collarbone following a spill at Belmont Park, when his mount broke down in the upper stretch during the third race on the New York track's opening day card.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Making a Case for Transparency