From 2011 through 2013, Maryland lost three of its four OTBs. Now the Maryland Jockey Club hopes to have five to six OTBs running by 2017.
With only three horses from the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contesting the Preakness Stakes (gr. 1) May 17, Maryland Jockey Club president Tom Chuckas said he will initiate discussions to change the spacing between races.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work