The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga fall mixed and horses of racing age sale generated results that were encouraging to the company's officials.
Fasig-Tipton has added a sale of mixed stock and horses of racing age in New York to this year's auction calendar. The sale will be held Oct. 9 at the company's facility in Saratoga Springs.
The yearling, out of Bush Landslide, sells for $17,000.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
Ball Four, a 3-year-old winning son of Grand Slam, sold for $110,000 Wednesday to top the Fasig-Tipton horses of racing age sale at Belmont Park in New York.
In an effort to better accommodate the training schedules of California horsemen, Barretts has added a sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age to its schedule in 2004.
High Commissioner, a 4-year-old stakes-placed son of Deputy Minister, sold for $100,000 to top the Fasig-Tipton New York horses of racing age sale Tuesday at Belmont Park.
Piazza Di Spagna, winner of the Inside Information Stakes on grass at Monmouth Park in July, sold for $70,000 to top the Fasig-Tipton horses of racing age sale at Belmont Park on Tuesday. Bred in Chile, the 5-year-old daughter of Great Regent was purchased by Eb Novak's New Farm from trainer Rene Araya, who raced the mare in partnership with Todd Liebman and Robert Van Ostrand.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94