A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
The Communication Alliance to Network Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorses has established a "Herd Health Report" in an effort to provide transparency for donors and the horse buying public.
A horse retirement program Adena Springs created in 2004 has a new Web site.
The Jockey Club is working with the Thoroughbred Adoption and Retirement Association to establish and maintain a separate registry that would recognize Thoroughbreds suited for careers as sport or show horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical