A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
The Communication Alliance to Network Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorses has established a "Herd Health Report" in an effort to provide transparency for donors and the horse buying public.
A horse retirement program Adena Springs created in 2004 has a new Web site.
The Jockey Club is working with the Thoroughbred Adoption and Retirement Association to establish and maintain a separate registry that would recognize Thoroughbreds suited for careers as sport or show horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta