Rockridge Stud celebrated a remarkable new arrival on Jan. 24 when Pincesspatseattle foaled a rare white Thoroughbred colt. America's Best Racing took a trip to the New York farm to meet the son of Honorable Dillon.
Young sire Honorable Dillon wasted no time, as his first foal, a colt, was born the morning of Jan. 1 at Waldorf Farm in North Chatham, N.Y.
New York farm stands state's leading 2-year-old sire Giant Surprise and adds new stallions Micromanage and Midas Touch for 2016.
Rockridge Stud in Hudson, N.Y. has announced the stud fees for its 2015 roster of six stallions. Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Trinniberg carries the highest fee at $7,500.
Multiple graded stakes winner Revolutionary will make his long-awaited return to the races Jan. 11 in a one-mile allowance optional claiming heat at Gulfstream Park.
Two 3-year-olds who registered impressive stakes wins in Florida sprint races this year will meet for the first time when Clearly Now and Honorable Dillon start in the $250,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III).
Breeder Bobby Trussell has the right Tempur-ment for the game. The former CEO of Tempur-Pedic focuses on acquiring broodmares with class.
by Anne Peters
During the first weekend in February, he was represented by three graded stakes winners: Flashback, Honorable Dillon, and Tapicat.
Gainesway Farm's Tapit has three graded stakes winners in the span of about two hours Feb. 2. His winners, all 3-year-olds, came at Tampa Bay Downs, Santa Anita, and Gulfstream.
Eddie Kenneally and Joe Rocco Jr. had a plan for Honorable Dillon, and the 3-year-old son of Tapit followed it right into the Gulfstream Park winner's circle Feb. 2 after winning the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel