Approximately 450 Hong Kong owners and Hong Kong Jockey Club members turned out at Sha Tin Dec. 7 to witness the Hong Kong International Sale breeze-up (under tack show). Thirty one horses breezed on the turf while the prospective owners, trainers, and guests scrutinized their ability and physique from the grandstands.
Hong Kong's Good Ba Ba won his fourth group I race in a row for trainer Andreas Schutz when he captured the Champions Mile in stunning style for jockey Olivier Doleuze at Sha Tin April 27.
A son of Danehill set a Hong Kong record of HK$7.5 million ($965,873) at the International Sale of 2-year-olds Saturday held at Sha Tin Racecourse. Cheng Keung Fai outbid Wong Wing Keung, the owner of Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) entrant Bullish Luck, to obtain the colt.
The Hong Kong International Sale realized a record price Dec. 11 at Sha Tin Racecourse when a gelded son of King's Best sold for HK$6 million (US $771,506).
The Hong Kong International Sale realized a record price Dec. 11 at Sha Tin Racecourse when a gelded son of King's Best sold for HK$6 million (US $771,506). The sale was held for the first time inside the new HK$410 million retractable roof walking ring on the Saturday afternoon prior to the Dec. 12 Cathay Pacific International races.
As expected, a 2-year-old son of the late Danehill topped the Hong Kong International Sale Friday evening, bringing a final bid of HK$3.6 million (U.S. $463,619). In all, 25 horses (22 2-year-olds and three 3-year-olds) sold for HK$41.5 million (U.S. $5,344,330).
Seven sons of the wildly successful and popular stallion Danehill top a list of 37 horses that will be offered Friday night at the fifth annual Hong Kong International Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta