Owner Willis Horton confirmed Feb. 25 that the $750,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park March 14 is under consideration as a target for champion Take Charge Brandi, although a decision has not yet been made.
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Seven 3-year-old fillies, led by probable favorite Just Jenda, will try to earn their first grades stakes victory in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 15 at Oaklawn Park.
In the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 16 at Oaklawn Park, the streaking 3-year-old filly proved she could handle graded stakes competition, as she scored by 1 1/4 lengths after coasting to the wire with ease under a confident Ramon Dominguez. She defeated five rivals.
Undefeated Lewis Lakin homebred Pure Clan makes her 3-year-old debut March 16 in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III), and will have to hold off five rivals, including Eight Belles, who won her stakes debut in impressive fashion last month.
Bedanken stalked the early pace, then edged clear in the stretch to earn her second straight Oaklawn Park stakes win in Saturday's $75,000 Honeybee Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications