Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Seven 3-year-old fillies, led by probable favorite Just Jenda, will try to earn their first grades stakes victory in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 15 at Oaklawn Park.
In the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 16 at Oaklawn Park, the streaking 3-year-old filly proved she could handle graded stakes competition, as she scored by 1 1/4 lengths after coasting to the wire with ease under a confident Ramon Dominguez. She defeated five rivals.
Undefeated Lewis Lakin homebred Pure Clan makes her 3-year-old debut March 16 in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III), and will have to hold off five rivals, including Eight Belles, who won her stakes debut in impressive fashion last month.
Bedanken stalked the early pace, then edged clear in the stretch to earn her second straight Oaklawn Park stakes win in Saturday's $75,000 Honeybee Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile
- Cooler Temps Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- CDI Reports Slight First Quarter Loss
- How Hong Kong's On-Track Pharmacies Work
- Summer Hit Tops Hollendorfer Trio in SF Mile
- CHRB to Hear Report on Proposed Fairplex Move