Running a pair of historically relevant and pricey late-season grade I races is not in the best business interest of Los Alamitos Race Course. Two weeks of racing in December is not enough to support two grade I races and their purses.
Los Alamitos Race Course will not be able to support the 2016 editions of the Los Alamitos Futurity (gr. I) and the Starlet (gr. I), track official Brad McKinzie said during a California Horse Racing Board session Nov. 19.
Third-place finisher in the BC Juvenile Fillies seeks her first grade I win.
Evan recaps weekend racing including Rosie Napravnik's victory, Executiveprivilege's performance and more! watch video
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Watch Video
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Download Brisnet Past Performances for the Hollywood Starlet.
With a victory in the $500,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park, Executiveprivilege could set off quite a debate for the Eclipse Award in the juvenile filly division.
The first round of nominations for both the CashCall Futurity (gr. I) and the Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) are up over last year, according to Martin Panza, Hollywood Park's racing secretary and vice president-racing.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Habibti edged 4-5 favorite You in the $358,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes to earn her second career grade I victory in Hollywood Park's Sunday feature race.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek