Los Alamitos Race Course will not be able to support the 2016 editions of the Los Alamitos Futurity (gr. I) and the Starlet (gr. I), track official Brad McKinzie said during a California Horse Racing Board session Nov. 19.
Third-place finisher in the BC Juvenile Fillies seeks her first grade I win.
Evan recaps weekend racing including Rosie Napravnik's victory, Executiveprivilege's performance and more! watch video
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Watch Video
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Download Brisnet Past Performances for the Hollywood Starlet.
With a victory in the $500,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park, Executiveprivilege could set off quite a debate for the Eclipse Award in the juvenile filly division.
The first round of nominations for both the CashCall Futurity (gr. I) and the Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) are up over last year, according to Martin Panza, Hollywood Park's racing secretary and vice president-racing.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Habibti edged 4-5 favorite You in the $358,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes to earn her second career grade I victory in Hollywood Park's Sunday feature race.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong