During a meeting with the California Horse Racing Board March 14, Hollywood Park made it clear that it wants to remain a part of the racing calendar at least through 2012.
A representative of the Hollywood Park Land Company told the California Horse Racing Board March 19 that plans to demolish the Inglewood track and develop the 238-acre site are progressing but gave few details.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and Bay Meadows Land Company announced completion of the sale of Hollywood Park racetrack and surrounding acreage at the Inglewood, Calif., site Sept. 23 for $257.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Winx Trounces Rivals in Queensland Oaks
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix