During a meeting with the California Horse Racing Board March 14, Hollywood Park made it clear that it wants to remain a part of the racing calendar at least through 2012.
A representative of the Hollywood Park Land Company told the California Horse Racing Board March 19 that plans to demolish the Inglewood track and develop the 238-acre site are progressing but gave few details.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and Bay Meadows Land Company announced completion of the sale of Hollywood Park racetrack and surrounding acreage at the Inglewood, Calif., site Sept. 23 for $257.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid