During a meeting with the California Horse Racing Board March 14, Hollywood Park made it clear that it wants to remain a part of the racing calendar at least through 2012.
A representative of the Hollywood Park Land Company told the California Horse Racing Board March 19 that plans to demolish the Inglewood track and develop the 238-acre site are progressing but gave few details.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and Bay Meadows Land Company announced completion of the sale of Hollywood Park racetrack and surrounding acreage at the Inglewood, Calif., site Sept. 23 for $257.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala