Essence Hit Man set a quick pace and held off Gypsy Ring in deep stretch for an upset score in the $150,000 Kennedy Road (Can-III) Nov. 19 at Woodbine.
Hollywood Hit, Canada's defending champion sprinter, will try for his third stakes win this year as he takes on five rivals in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's synthetic surface Saturday, Nov. 19.
Stunning Stag wins Woodbine's Vigil Stakes in his 2011 debut, defeating last year's winner, Hollywood Hit.
California shipper Wickedly Perfect carried her form to Kentucky, taking a field of juvenile fillies wire-to-wire to score the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 8 on opening day at Keeneland.
Keeneland opens its 17-day fall meeting Oct. 8 with a pair of graded stakes, highlighted by the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies on Polytrack.
Peach Brew, who won two stakes last year, including the Arlington Oaks (gr. III), was named Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old female by the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association.
Oklahoma-bred Hollywood Hit led all the way in establishing a track record for seven furlongs at Woodbine while winning the $147,038 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) May 9.
Hollywood Hit, ridden by Jim McAleney, led all the way as the odds-on favorite to defeat four rivals in the $159,559 Jacques Cartier for his first stakes score April 11 at Woodbine.
Cactus Ridge, who ranks among the leading third-crop sires of 2009, will stand the 2010 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington. The 8-year-old son of Hennessy previously stood at Walmac Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding