Holly Rincon will most likely retire her 5-year-old homebred chestnut horse Remarkable News after his unplaced effort in the Oct. 27 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
Favored Remarkable News, given a judicious ride by Ramon Dominguez, controlled the pace of Saturday's $232,000 Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) and drove to a measured 2 3/4-length win on the Churchill Downs turf.
Remarkable News won the Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico after Mending Fences sustained an injury while racing on the lead.
Holly Rincon's Remarkable News took the lead at the start of the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) and never looked back, notching a convincing victory while leaving the 3-5 favorite Artie Schiller a well-beaten fourth at Saratoga Sunday.
Odds-on choice Remarkable News, Javier Castellano in the irons, fought off two stubborn rivals to capture the $150,000 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIIT) by a nose in dramatic fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining