Paul Rigali Jr.'s homebred Texas Air put away a field almost entirely composed of out-of-state invaders to claim the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) May 1 under the lights at Lone Star Park.
Trainer Al Stall Jr. has his 3-year-old War Front gelding primed for another strong effort, and has seen the increase in maturity one would expect in a sophomore runner as the seasons have turned.
Holiday Mischief, tracking odds-on favorite Sunbean all the way, collared the leader in the final strides for a head victory in a 16-1 upset in the $100,000 Super Derby Prelude Stakes Aug. 3 at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill