Paul Rigali Jr.'s homebred Texas Air put away a field almost entirely composed of out-of-state invaders to claim the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) May 1 under the lights at Lone Star Park.
Trainer Al Stall Jr. has his 3-year-old War Front gelding primed for another strong effort, and has seen the increase in maturity one would expect in a sophomore runner as the seasons have turned.
Holiday Mischief, tracking odds-on favorite Sunbean all the way, collared the leader in the final strides for a head victory in a 16-1 upset in the $100,000 Super Derby Prelude Stakes Aug. 3 at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby