Paul Rigali Jr.'s homebred Texas Air put away a field almost entirely composed of out-of-state invaders to claim the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) May 1 under the lights at Lone Star Park.
Trainer Al Stall Jr. has his 3-year-old War Front gelding primed for another strong effort, and has seen the increase in maturity one would expect in a sophomore runner as the seasons have turned.
Holiday Mischief, tracking odds-on favorite Sunbean all the way, collared the leader in the final strides for a head victory in a 16-1 upset in the $100,000 Super Derby Prelude Stakes Aug. 3 at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection