This year's edition of the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) may not feature a superstar such as 2012 winner Groupie Doll, but 10 older fillies and mares will provide a good wagering event at Keeneland April 13.
Bolstered by homebred Stephanie's Kitten, Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey are the first recipients of the John Deere Award as outstanding breeders of the 2011 Breeders' Cup Challenge series and the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Lenny Shulman talks to owner Ken Ramsey about his Kittens, including Dean's Kitten in the Turf, Holiday for Kitten in the Turf Sprint, and Stephanie's Kitten in the Juvenile Fillies Turf, plus Headache and Pleasant Prince. Watch Video
The hot start to the Keeneland fall meet continued for Ken and Sarah Ramsey, as their homebred filly Holiday for Kitten held off Musical Romance by a nose to win the $200,000 Thoroughbred Club of America (gr. II) Oct. 8.
Simon Burgess talks with Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith about what racing is like at Royal Ascot. Mike also mentions Zenyatta. Watch Video
Neversaidiwassweet got a perfect stalking trip from jockey Rafael Bejarano in her stakes debut, edging past Holiday for Kitten in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28.
Fantastic Pick will face four of the horses he defeated in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) last month when he goes for his first grade I victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby Nov. 28
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars