Former New Zealand champion Silent Achiever overhauled longtime pacesetter Historian and won the Lindauer New Zealand Stakes (NZ-I), one of two group I races on the March 8 card at Ellerslie.
Historian made all the pace and posted the second group I win of his career in the Zabeel Classic Dec. 26 at Ellerslie.
Ngai Chun-Hung's former New Zealand classic-placed Historian posted an unlikely win at the group I level Jan. 25 at Trentham when edging Lady Kipling in the Harcourts Thorndon Mile.
The Maryland racing community lost one of its most prominent members when award-winning journalist and racing historian Joseph B. Kelly passed away Nov. 26 after a short battle with cancer. He was 94.
Tom Gilcoyne, the retired historian at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame known for his photographic memory and sharp wit, died at the age of 91 on Jan 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet