Former New Zealand champion Silent Achiever overhauled longtime pacesetter Historian and won the Lindauer New Zealand Stakes (NZ-I), one of two group I races on the March 8 card at Ellerslie.
Historian made all the pace and posted the second group I win of his career in the Zabeel Classic Dec. 26 at Ellerslie.
Ngai Chun-Hung's former New Zealand classic-placed Historian posted an unlikely win at the group I level Jan. 25 at Trentham when edging Lady Kipling in the Harcourts Thorndon Mile.
The Maryland racing community lost one of its most prominent members when award-winning journalist and racing historian Joseph B. Kelly passed away Nov. 26 after a short battle with cancer. He was 94.
Tom Gilcoyne, the retired historian at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame known for his photographic memory and sharp wit, died at the age of 91 on Jan 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill