His Race to Win fired through an opening between horses near mid-stretch and edged clear of 11-10 choice Winning Cause to post his first stakes victory in the $166,038 Ontario Derby (Can-III) Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
New York shipper Winning Cause, trained by Todd Pletcher, is the 8-5 favorite in a field of six 3-year-olds to contest the $150,000 Ontario Derby (Can-III) Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
Up With the Birds, dominating winner of the Marine Stakes, was made the 2-1 favorite in the $1 million Queen's Plate, heading a field of 12 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds July 7 at Woodbine.
Chiefswood Stable's filly Nipissing, an impressive winner of the Woodbine Oaks presented by Budweiser, put in a final breeze June 30 in advance of the upcoming Queen's Plate, covering a half-mile in :48 flat.
Dynamic Sky, ridden patiently by Joel Rosario, nosed out a game His Race to Win to capture the $147,903 Plate Trial in a superb finish June 9 at Woodbine.
Up With the Birds, rallying from last, circled the field rounding the far turn and swept past favored Star Contender en route to a convincing win in the $249,576 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Nov. 10.
Sam-Son Farms will be represented by two homebred sons of Stormy Atlantic, Up With the Birds and His Race to Win, in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity Stakes Nov. 10 at Woodbine.
Nine lightly-raced juveniles foaled in Canada look to take home a piece of a $250,000 purse in the Cup and Saucer Stakes, going 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Woodbine Oct. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail