Fields are beginning to jell for the three graded stakes races that form the centerpiece of the Sept. 26 Kentucky Cup Day card at Turfway Park.
Graded stakes winners Hightap and Hooh Why will attempt to upset the home track advantage of dual local stakes victor Don'ttalktome the June 26 Iowa Oaks (gr. III).
Keeneland stakes coordinator Tia Borgemenke has 12 horses listed as probable for the April 18 Lexington Stakes (gr. II), headed by 2008 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) winner Square Eddie.
Musket Man took over at the top of the lane and cruised to an impressive two-length victory in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) April 4 at Hawthorne Park. It was the second straight graded stakes victory for the son of Yonaguska, who also took the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) last month.
Zabeel Racing International's highly-touted 2-year-old Reynaldothewizard looks to rebound from a troubled trip in the Saratoga Special (gr. II) when he takes on 10 juveniles in the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 4 on the Keeneland Polytrack.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, all looking to take a giant step for their connections, are entered in the $200,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) at Arlington Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017