A change of judges has delayed a pre-trial hearing in a lawsuit involving 1998 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Real Quiet. For scheduling reasons, Judge Henry R. Wilhoit recused himself from the case in which Kentucky farm owner George Hofmeister has accused owner Mike Pegram and trainer Bob Baffert of fraud.
Siberian Meadow, a juvenile son of Meadowlake, remained undefeated in three starts when he scored a one-length triumph over favored Agnes Sonic (by Unbridled's Song) in the Keio 2-Year-Old Stakes (Jpn-II) at Tokyo Racecourse.
European shippers Pine Dance and Hymn, both racing on Lasix for the first time, swept the top two spots of the $194,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington International Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts