A change of judges has delayed a pre-trial hearing in a lawsuit involving 1998 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Real Quiet. For scheduling reasons, Judge Henry R. Wilhoit recused himself from the case in which Kentucky farm owner George Hofmeister has accused owner Mike Pegram and trainer Bob Baffert of fraud.
Siberian Meadow, a juvenile son of Meadowlake, remained undefeated in three starts when he scored a one-length triumph over favored Agnes Sonic (by Unbridled's Song) in the Keio 2-Year-Old Stakes (Jpn-II) at Tokyo Racecourse.
European shippers Pine Dance and Hymn, both racing on Lasix for the first time, swept the top two spots of the $194,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington International Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title