Horse racing's decades-old video production of live racing through the pan shot was panned, and otherwise described as unimaginative when compared with other sporting events, during an industry conference Oct. 8.
TVG said Sept. 29 it has signed new coverage agreements with Del Mar and Keeneland as part of an initiative to present United States horse racing in high-definition television.
The Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Preakness (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) can be seen this year for the first time in the new high definition, digital television format.
NBC Sports announced that its coverage of the Triple Crown this year will be telecast in high definition television, or HDTV.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview