Horse racing's decades-old video production of live racing through the pan shot was panned, and otherwise described as unimaginative when compared with other sporting events, during an industry conference Oct. 8.
TVG said Sept. 29 it has signed new coverage agreements with Del Mar and Keeneland as part of an initiative to present United States horse racing in high-definition television.
The Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Preakness (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) can be seen this year for the first time in the new high definition, digital television format.
NBC Sports announced that its coverage of the Triple Crown this year will be telecast in high definition television, or HDTV.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Three Rules Puts in Final Juvenile Work
- Chrome BC Sweepstakes Winner Named
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Den's Legacy to Stand at Mighty Acres
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185