Wrote, owned by Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith, rallied strongly in the stretch and pulled away to easily win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at one mile on grass Nov. 5.
With approximately $100,000 in advance Breeders' Cup wagering at Arlington Park and off-site facilities in Illinois on Friday, Evening Attire emerged as a surprising lukewarm favorite for the Classic (gr. I).
The European challenge for the Breeders' Cup began to look a little clearer when Aidan O'Brien nominated the Mile (gr. IT) as the first preference for Rock Of Gibraltar and the Classic (gr. I) for Hawk Wing.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala