Wrote, owned by Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith, rallied strongly in the stretch and pulled away to easily win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at one mile on grass Nov. 5.
With approximately $100,000 in advance Breeders' Cup wagering at Arlington Park and off-site facilities in Illinois on Friday, Evening Attire emerged as a surprising lukewarm favorite for the Classic (gr. I).
The European challenge for the Breeders' Cup began to look a little clearer when Aidan O'Brien nominated the Mile (gr. IT) as the first preference for Rock Of Gibraltar and the Classic (gr. I) for Hawk Wing.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees