Spielberg, a half brother to U.S. grade I winner and Central Kentucky sire Flower Alley, flew by dueling front-runners Isla Bonita and Gentildonna late and narrowly won the Tenno Sho (Autumn) (Jpn-I) Nov. 2 at Tokyo.
Topped by a Deep Impact colt, the yearling session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's Select Sale produced a record gross during the July 9 session at Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido, Japan.
Casino Drive, a half brother to Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners Jazil and Rags to Riches, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Shadai Stallion Station in Japan.
Casino Drive, the Japan-based half-brother to two Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners, cruised to an easy victory in a Santa Anita allowance race Oct. 12 to prepare for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Undefeated Casino Drive has been entered to run at Santa Anita on Oct. 12 in what his connections hope will lead to a start in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Nobutaka Tada, managing director of the Japan-based stable that campaigns grade II stakes winner Casino Drive, announced June 24 that stable owner Hidetoshi Yamamoto has donated $30,000 to the Belmont Child Care Association's Anna House.
A monster from Japan is heading to America. Casino Drive, a half-brother to Rags to Riches and Jazil, is targeting the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) after destroying his opposition in a 1 1/8-mile maiden race at Kyoto Feb. 23. The son of Mineshaft will attempt to become the third straight Belmont winner produced by his dam, Better Than Honour.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas