Olympio, whose name was synonymous with "Derby" in 1991, recently died of a ruptured aorta at Ellen Jackson's Victory Rose Thoroughbreds near Vacaville, Calif.
California stallion Madraar was represented by his first winner when his son Arabian Star won Dec. 9 at Woodbine.
California stallion Strike Gold, sire of 25 stakes winners, was euthanized Oct. 7 at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif., because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Millionaire Puerto Madera will relocate to Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif., from John T. L. Jones' Walmac International near Lexington.
Millionaire Dumaani is scheduled to stand the 2002 breeding season at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif.
California stallion Din's Dancer, sire of millionaire Ladies Din, was euthanized Oct. 12 after fracturing a pastern bone in a paddock accident that day at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud