Unbeaten Weemissfrankie is headed for Churchill Downs next month after her scintillating late-running tally in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Oct. 2.
Making just her second start, favored Weemissfrankie took the overland route for a confident Rafael Bejarano to win the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) impressively Sept. 3.
Grade I winner Sunriver came through with his initial winner when his son Suntorious scored at Penn National.
Shaun Bridgmohan and Chris Block took their winning act to Florida in the $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT), as Askbut I Won'ttell ran down pacesetter Trip for A. J. in the final yards Dec. 4 at Calder Casino.
Askbut I Won'ttell switched off the hedge in upper stretch and ran down favored Kiss Mine and My Baby Baby to register her first graded stakes win in the $113,900 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 7 at Churchill Downs.
Graded stakes winner Three Wonders was represented by his first winner when his son Pete's Wonder won April 16 at Woodbine.
Burning Roma, a millionaire and grade I winner, has been relocated to Peter Rosbeck's Hidden Point Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Mister Jolie, sire of four stakes winners, died Feb. 8 from a ruptured aorta while covering his first mare of the season at Peter Rosbeck's Hidden Point Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound