Photographer Anne Eberhardt takes a trip to Old Friends Equine Retirement Home. Read Blog
Hidden Lake, who earned the 1997 Eclipse award for top older female, will become the newest retiree at Old Friends, a Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky. Her owner, Robert Evans of Connecticut, donated her.
The Daddy's first reported foal is a filly born Jan. 21 at Hidden Lake Farm near Otisville, N.Y.
Graded stakes winner Tahkodha Hills was represented by his first winner when his daughter Sparkling Endeavor won July 20 at Canterbury Park.
Trainer John Kimmel scored the 1,000th victory of his career on Friday afternoon at Belmont Park when he saddled Premium Tap to a win in the third race, the $65,000-added Albert the Great.
Jockey Richard Migliore says Artie Schiller, a top 3-year-old turf horse he will ride in Sunday's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap at Belmont Park (gr. IIT), is one of only two horses he has ridden who have "no chinks in the armor."
By Harry Miller -- For more than 22 years, the first ad in the Classified Advertising section each and every week was always for Lou Salerno's Questroyal Farm. Lou has now decided to devote all his energies to another of his passions, fine art. He has passed the torch to Chris Bernhard, who calls his farm Hidden Lake.
Tagish, a son of Mr. Prospector out of champion Waya (by Faraway Son), has arrived at Martha and David Reynolds' Hidden Lake Farm
Dave Reynolds and Marti Taylor have bought 17-year-old Tagish and will stand him at their Hidden Lake Farm near Hurt, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death