Team Valor International announced March 20 that 3-year-old colt Mexikoma is no longer being aimed at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and is now pointed toward the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
After a big season with their juveniles last year at the Breeders' Cup, leading consignor Wavertree Stables has even more contenders this year.
The newborn foal is out of 5-year-old Hennessy mare Wall St Widow. Wall St Widow's dam, Love Or Money (Coronado's Quest), is a half sister to multiple graded stakes winner and sire Broken Vow (Unbridled).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Heart to Heart Wires Oceanport
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Trainer Chay Knight Dies at 80
- Florida Won Rallies to Capture Seagram Cup
- Casual Smile Continues Roll in Matchmaker