Team Valor International announced March 20 that 3-year-old colt Mexikoma is no longer being aimed at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and is now pointed toward the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
After a big season with their juveniles last year at the Breeders' Cup, leading consignor Wavertree Stables has even more contenders this year.
The newborn foal is out of 5-year-old Hennessy mare Wall St Widow. Wall St Widow's dam, Love Or Money (Coronado's Quest), is a half sister to multiple graded stakes winner and sire Broken Vow (Unbridled).
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase