Team Valor International announced March 20 that 3-year-old colt Mexikoma is no longer being aimed at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and is now pointed toward the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
After a big season with their juveniles last year at the Breeders' Cup, leading consignor Wavertree Stables has even more contenders this year.
The newborn foal is out of 5-year-old Hennessy mare Wall St Widow. Wall St Widow's dam, Love Or Money (Coronado's Quest), is a half sister to multiple graded stakes winner and sire Broken Vow (Unbridled).
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes