The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
Gulfstream Park has waved the nomination fees for grade I winners Mine That Bird, Rachel Alexandra, Summer Bird, and Quality Road to next year's Donn Handicap.
Bernie Hettel, a former executive director of and chief steward for the Kentucky Racing Commission, will serve as a judge during the upcoming Gulfstream Park meet.
Nationally known steward Bernie Hettel has been appointed to the Gulfstream Park judges' stand, the track announced Dec. 14
The Kentucky Executive Branch Ethics Commission has found the former executive director of the Kentucky Racing Commission violated state law when he accepted a job at Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Bernie Hettel, the former chief state steward and executive director of the defunct Kentucky Racing Commission, has been hired by Churchill Downs as a consultant on racing issues.
Michael "Mickey" Sample has been named interim chief racing steward for the Keeneland spring meet that begins April 2, said LaJuana Wilcher, secretary of the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet.
Godolphin silks will soon sport the a "Fly Emirates" logo as part of a multi-million dollar sponsorship agreement.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win