Trainer Wesley Ward added to his reputation as a conditioner of young horses when Sweet Emma Rose sprinted clear early and rolled to a nine-length victory in the first of eight "baby races" scheduled for Keeneland spring.
King of Happiness, who lost the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) a month ago by one-half length to Castledale, has been accorded 9-5 favoritism among nine entrants in the $250,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Trainer Jimmy Jerkens finally got a chance to try Multiple Choice on the turf Sunday afternoon, and the 6-year-old Mt. Livermore gelding rewarded his faith with a late-running neck victory in the $112,200 (gr. IIIT) Jaipur Handicap at seven furlongs on the Widener course.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory