Trainer Wesley Ward added to his reputation as a conditioner of young horses when Sweet Emma Rose sprinted clear early and rolled to a nine-length victory in the first of eight "baby races" scheduled for Keeneland spring.
King of Happiness, who lost the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) a month ago by one-half length to Castledale, has been accorded 9-5 favoritism among nine entrants in the $250,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Trainer Jimmy Jerkens finally got a chance to try Multiple Choice on the turf Sunday afternoon, and the 6-year-old Mt. Livermore gelding rewarded his faith with a late-running neck victory in the $112,200 (gr. IIIT) Jaipur Handicap at seven furlongs on the Widener course.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward