The return of grade I winner Madcap Escapade will likely come Feb 19 in the $100,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, according to trainer Frank Brothers.
Sid Port's Toasted, who ships in from California, figures to be the slight choice Saturday in the $200,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) at suburban Chicago's Arlington Park.
Country music star Toby Keith's homebred Cactus Ridge has been declared out of the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) due to a knee injury, according to a release from Hawthorne Race Course. Cactus Ridge and trainer Bret Calhoun are based at the Chicago-area track.
Peter Vegso's Orchard Park, a winner in five of six starts this year, may merit favoritism in a well-matched group of seven sophomore grass specialists from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean assembled for Saturday's 26th renewal of the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. I) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile