Grade I winner Carson Hollow, a three-time New York champion of 2002 for Frank Stronach and partners, died Aug. 25 following colic surgery at Ontario Veterinary College in Canada,
Carson Hollow, New York's 2002 Horse of the Year, suffered a chip in her left knee and might miss the remainder of the year. She is scheduled to undergo surgery at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, Ky.
The cause or causes of mare reproductive loss syndrome are still a mystery, but that hasn't lessened interest in the topic. During an informational session Monday, new questions were raised about circumstances surrounding the outbreak during last year's breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double