Grade I winner Carson Hollow, a three-time New York champion of 2002 for Frank Stronach and partners, died Aug. 25 following colic surgery at Ontario Veterinary College in Canada,
Carson Hollow, New York's 2002 Horse of the Year, suffered a chip in her left knee and might miss the remainder of the year. She is scheduled to undergo surgery at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, Ky.
The cause or causes of mare reproductive loss syndrome are still a mystery, but that hasn't lessened interest in the topic. During an informational session Monday, new questions were raised about circumstances surrounding the outbreak during last year's breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll