Grade I winner Carson Hollow, a three-time New York champion of 2002 for Frank Stronach and partners, died Aug. 25 following colic surgery at Ontario Veterinary College in Canada,
Carson Hollow, New York's 2002 Horse of the Year, suffered a chip in her left knee and might miss the remainder of the year. She is scheduled to undergo surgery at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, Ky.
The cause or causes of mare reproductive loss syndrome are still a mystery, but that hasn't lessened interest in the topic. During an informational session Monday, new questions were raised about circumstances surrounding the outbreak during last year's breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga