A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
A record average price reflected a strong market for weanlings at the Inglis Great Southern Sale in Melbourne June 22-23.
Falls of Lora will seek to emulate her stablemate Khawlah when she takes on colts in the $2 million UAE Derby Sponsored by the Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
Simon Burgess talks with Peter Snowden, trainer of Helmet, who runs, in the UAE Derby, and Sepoy, Dubai Golden Shaheen contender. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Flemington Trainer Mike Moroney talks about Glass Harmonium and what it would take to beat Jimmy Choux and Helmet. Watch Video
Members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority are still getting an introduction to their new roles, but that didn't stop them from changing a notable racing rule during a Feb. 16 meeting. Eleven of the 12 members present voted to temporarily suspend the rule that mandates what type of helmets jockeys must wear.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm