Thunder Snow, only days after being made a late nominee to the U.S. Triple Crown series, justified the investment with a hard-fought victory March 25 in the UAE Derby Sponsored By The Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (G2) at Meydan Racecourse.
A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
A record average price reflected a strong market for weanlings at the Inglis Great Southern Sale in Melbourne June 22-23.
Falls of Lora will seek to emulate her stablemate Khawlah when she takes on colts in the $2 million UAE Derby Sponsored by the Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
Simon Burgess talks with Peter Snowden, trainer of Helmet, who runs, in the UAE Derby, and Sepoy, Dubai Golden Shaheen contender. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Flemington Trainer Mike Moroney talks about Glass Harmonium and what it would take to beat Jimmy Choux and Helmet. Watch Video
Members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority are still getting an introduction to their new roles, but that didn't stop them from changing a notable racing rule during a Feb. 16 meeting. Eleven of the 12 members present voted to temporarily suspend the rule that mandates what type of helmets jockeys must wear.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling