Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Mrs. Barton D. Heller and William J. Morey Jr.'s Mellow Fellow closed for a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $198,750 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) to notch his sixth consecutive win. The 7-year-old gelding completed the six furlongs in 1:08.35 on the fast track.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection