Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Mrs. Barton D. Heller and William J. Morey Jr.'s Mellow Fellow closed for a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $198,750 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) to notch his sixth consecutive win. The 7-year-old gelding completed the six furlongs in 1:08.35 on the fast track.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage