Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Mrs. Barton D. Heller and William J. Morey Jr.'s Mellow Fellow closed for a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $198,750 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) to notch his sixth consecutive win. The 7-year-old gelding completed the six furlongs in 1:08.35 on the fast track.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes