Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Mrs. Barton D. Heller and William J. Morey Jr.'s Mellow Fellow closed for a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $198,750 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) to notch his sixth consecutive win. The 7-year-old gelding completed the six furlongs in 1:08.35 on the fast track.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut