Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Mrs. Barton D. Heller and William J. Morey Jr.'s Mellow Fellow closed for a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $198,750 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) to notch his sixth consecutive win. The 7-year-old gelding completed the six furlongs in 1:08.35 on the fast track.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm