Sadamu Patek held back determined favorite Grand Prix Boss and captured the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) on Nov. 18 at Kyoto for a breakthrough win at the top level.
Helissio, who won the 1996 Forte Meridien Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for Enrique Sarasola, has been purchased by Alfred Buller's Scarvagh House Stud from the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station.
Hidalguia, a group III winner who is in foal to Rainbow Quest, is among the horses that will be offered as part of a dispersal of bloodstock owned by Enrique Sarasola at the L'Agence Francaise Deauville December mixed sale.
Spanish breeder/owner Enrique Sarasola, who raced multiple French champion male Helissio, died Nov. 2
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up