Sadamu Patek held back determined favorite Grand Prix Boss and captured the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) on Nov. 18 at Kyoto for a breakthrough win at the top level.
Helissio, who won the 1996 Forte Meridien Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for Enrique Sarasola, has been purchased by Alfred Buller's Scarvagh House Stud from the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station.
Hidalguia, a group III winner who is in foal to Rainbow Quest, is among the horses that will be offered as part of a dispersal of bloodstock owned by Enrique Sarasola at the L'Agence Francaise Deauville December mixed sale.
Spanish breeder/owner Enrique Sarasola, who raced multiple French champion male Helissio, died Nov. 2
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome