Front-running Punch Appeal turned back Summer Raven in the stretch run of the $250,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess for 2-year-old fillies and pulled away for a 5 1/2-length victory Saturday at Delta Downs.
Favored Punch Appeal didn't have the easiest of trips for jockey Pat Day, but she was not to be denied in winning the $109,500 Pocahontas for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs by a nose.
The brilliant sprinter Lady Tak, with a confident John Velazquez in the saddle, disposed of pacesetter Molto Vita coming off the turn and cruised to a two-length victory as the heavy favorite in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares.
Heiligbrodt Stable's Bwana Charlie, ridden by Shane Sellers, had favored Pomeroy measured in the stretch, pulling away in the final sixteenth of a mile for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $150,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course.
Posse rallied from last place at the top of the stretch to take a 1 1/2-length victory over Aloha Bold in the $60,000 Thanksgiving Handicap Thursday in the slop on opening day at Fair Grounds
Well-traveled Caught in the Rain rallied under jockey Richard Migliore to get a nostril in front in a three-nose win photo to take the $113,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday on the Aqueduct turf at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes