During the first 29 renewals of the World Championships, the Distaff (aka the Ladies' Classic from 2008-'12) has produced five of the 11 largest margins of victory in Breeders' Cup history.
The Japan Racing Horse Association enjoyed record sales July 8 at its opening session and yearling sale, which saw great demand for the offspring of leading sire Deep Impact.
Major sire Seeking the Gold has been pensioned from stallion duty at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Phipps Stable millionaire and multiple grade I winner Good Reward has been retired and will stand at Three Chimneys Farm in 2007. The horse is to arrive at Three Chimneys on Nov. 4, according to Ogden M. Phipps and Robert N. Clay, who made the announcement.
Ogden Phipps' slowly developing Good Reward, making his first start in a grade I event, made all the patience pay off when he came from off the pace with jockey Jerry Bailey to win the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT).
Eleven-year-old Hunting Hard, a full brother to champion Heavenly Prize, will stand the 2004 season at Rolland and Marilyn McMaster's McMaster Farm near Fenton, Mich.
Ogden Phipps' Dancinginmydreams, who broke down approaching the stretch during Saturday's Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, is recovering following extensive surgery on her broken right leg Saturday night at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes