Priscilla Vaccarezza's Little Mike got back on track after four consecutive losses with a narrow win in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 28.
The son of Spanish Steps is Florida's horse of the year, older horse and turf male champion.
The dam of multiple grade I winner Little Mike will be bred back to Distorted Humor.
Under a crafty front-running ride from Ramon Dominguez, Little Mike led every step of the way to claim the 30th running of the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 on the Arlington Park turf.
Little Mike, a three-time graded stakes winner on the Gulfstream Park turf earlier this year, returned to his favorite course after 8 1/2 months on the sidelines to win an allowance/optional claiming race by a nose.
Speedster Little Mike played the bully once again on the Gulfstream Park turf, tallying in the $100,000 Emirates Airlines Appleton Stakes April 3 for his third grade III win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan