Priscilla Vaccarezza's Little Mike got back on track after four consecutive losses with a narrow win in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 28.
The son of Spanish Steps is Florida's horse of the year, older horse and turf male champion.
The dam of multiple grade I winner Little Mike will be bred back to Distorted Humor.
Under a crafty front-running ride from Ramon Dominguez, Little Mike led every step of the way to claim the 30th running of the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 on the Arlington Park turf.
Little Mike, a three-time graded stakes winner on the Gulfstream Park turf earlier this year, returned to his favorite course after 8 1/2 months on the sidelines to win an allowance/optional claiming race by a nose.
Speedster Little Mike played the bully once again on the Gulfstream Park turf, tallying in the $100,000 Emirates Airlines Appleton Stakes April 3 for his third grade III win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29