Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
TVG announced March 17 that it has reached an agreement with Hawthorne National for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the National Jockey Club, Suburban Downs, and Hawthorne Racecourse live race meetings conducted in suburban Chicago.
On January 2, 2003, Hawthorne Race Course and National Jockey Club will combine forces on the racing scene as the newly formed Hawthorne National LLC will move into place.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks