Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
TVG announced March 17 that it has reached an agreement with Hawthorne National for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the National Jockey Club, Suburban Downs, and Hawthorne Racecourse live race meetings conducted in suburban Chicago.
On January 2, 2003, Hawthorne Race Course and National Jockey Club will combine forces on the racing scene as the newly formed Hawthorne National LLC will move into place.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win