Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
TVG announced March 17 that it has reached an agreement with Hawthorne National for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the National Jockey Club, Suburban Downs, and Hawthorne Racecourse live race meetings conducted in suburban Chicago.
On January 2, 2003, Hawthorne Race Course and National Jockey Club will combine forces on the racing scene as the newly formed Hawthorne National LLC will move into place.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains