Live racing is scheduled to return Feb. 4 to Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort if track and weather conditions permit, though track management and the Mountaineer Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association remain at odds over aspects of their contract.
Horsemen support a plan by Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort to implement account wagering, but they're at odds with management over purse payments and have asked the West Virginia Racing Commission to mediate.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms
- Legatissimo Favored in 11-Horse Investec Oaks
- Cuomo Supports NYRA's Bonomo Taking Leave
- Belmont Stakes Race Dynamics: Distance
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'