Live racing is scheduled to return Feb. 4 to Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort if track and weather conditions permit, though track management and the Mountaineer Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association remain at odds over aspects of their contract.
Horsemen support a plan by Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort to implement account wagering, but they're at odds with management over purse payments and have asked the West Virginia Racing Commission to mediate.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note