Watch Dubai World Cup Carnival contenders on the track at Meydan March 24. watch video
J. Keeler Johnson shares some early thoughts on the Dubai World Cup races at Meydan. read blog
Watch a number of horses, including U.S. grade I winner Lea, out for exercise at Meydan ahead of the $30 million Dubai World Cup card March 28. White #5 Lea, White #1 Epiphaneia, Green #4 Harp Star, White #3 Hokko Tarumae, Green #6 One and Only, Pink #2 Tap That, Orange #8 Farmah, Orange #2 Amber Sky, Orange #3 Paniaphobia, Gold #2 Rich Tapestry, Orange #11 Caspar Netscher, Blue #10 Prayer for Relief, Yellow #3 Solow, Blue #8 Dark Emerald, Blue #3 Bradester. Courtesy of the Dubai Racing Club
The barrier draw did nothing to hurt the chances of the already strong home team for the Nov. 30 Japan Cup in association with Longines (Jpn-I) as the European runners drew gates 2 and 18.
Pre-race favorite Taghrooda has a wide draw and 19 rivals to beat in a full field for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), Europe's premier middle-distance race Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
Nuovo Record won the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) May 25 at Tokyo, narrowly denying overwhelming favorite and runner-up Harp Star a second classic victory.
Harp Star completed an eye-catching last to first rally in the Oka Sho (Jpn, I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas), a stylish victory that kicked off the classic season in Japan April 13 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Red Reveur kept her perfect record intact Dec. 8 when holding back hard-charging race favorite Harp Star by a nose in a rousing finish to the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day