D' Funnybone, a five-time grade II winner for Paul Pompa Jr., will enter stud in 2012 at Tom Simon's Vinery New York at Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Dubai Majesty took over coming off the turn and rolled to a commanding victory in the $1 million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Dubai Majesty, who narrowly lost to Informed Decision last out, turned the tables on the champion Oct. 9 at Keeneland, notching the biggest win of her career in the $200,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. II).
Trainer Henry Dominguez was the only one not sweating out the inquiry following the $100,000 Borderland Derby since he saddled both Storming Saint, the eventual winner, and Raise the Bridle, whose neck victory was overturned.
Paul Pompa Jr.'s D' Funnybone opened up his 3-year-old season in style, cruising to a professional one-length win as the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 20 at Gulfstream Park.
D' Funnybone, purchased privately one month ago by Paul Pompa Jr., provided an immediate return on the investment when he crushed his rivals in the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at the Spa Aug. 20.
Peace Rules was honored as 2003 Florida-bred Horse of the Year Monday night during the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's annual awards dinner in Ocala.
Worldly Victor, a 21-1 longshot, came from far back under Pat Day to win the $73,000 Dave Feldman Stakes on Monday at Gulfstream Park. With the win, Worldly Victor became the first stakes winner for his sire, World Stage, a son of Sadler's Wells.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas