D' Funnybone, a five-time grade II winner for Paul Pompa Jr., will enter stud in 2012 at Tom Simon's Vinery New York at Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Dubai Majesty took over coming off the turn and rolled to a commanding victory in the $1 million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Dubai Majesty, who narrowly lost to Informed Decision last out, turned the tables on the champion Oct. 9 at Keeneland, notching the biggest win of her career in the $200,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. II).
Trainer Henry Dominguez was the only one not sweating out the inquiry following the $100,000 Borderland Derby since he saddled both Storming Saint, the eventual winner, and Raise the Bridle, whose neck victory was overturned.
Paul Pompa Jr.'s D' Funnybone opened up his 3-year-old season in style, cruising to a professional one-length win as the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 20 at Gulfstream Park.
D' Funnybone, purchased privately one month ago by Paul Pompa Jr., provided an immediate return on the investment when he crushed his rivals in the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at the Spa Aug. 20.
Peace Rules was honored as 2003 Florida-bred Horse of the Year Monday night during the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's annual awards dinner in Ocala.
Worldly Victor, a 21-1 longshot, came from far back under Pat Day to win the $73,000 Dave Feldman Stakes on Monday at Gulfstream Park. With the win, Worldly Victor became the first stakes winner for his sire, World Stage, a son of Sadler's Wells.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Sire de Grugy in Cheltenham 'Feel Good' Story
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer