A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The parent company of the The Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Pennsylvania, which is operated in part by former owner Magna Entertainment Corp., has been sold for $1.75 billion to an Australian entity, it was announced Dec. 12.
An agreement was reached Friday in New Jersey between Thoroughbred and harness horsemen over racing dates, simulcasting revenue splits, and purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury