A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The parent company of the The Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Pennsylvania, which is operated in part by former owner Magna Entertainment Corp., has been sold for $1.75 billion to an Australian entity, it was announced Dec. 12.
An agreement was reached Friday in New Jersey between Thoroughbred and harness horsemen over racing dates, simulcasting revenue splits, and purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies