A BloodHorse magazine (issue of May 15, 1937) recap of Affirmed's 1978 Kentucky Derby victory. The story carried the headline, "Like He Always Does."
Tom Pedulla writes of Affirmed's rare talent and equally rare competition, Alydar.
New York sire was bred similarly to Affirmed by Harbor View Farm.
A new website dedicated to the memory of Affirmed, America's last Triple Crown champion, has been launched by Affirmed Enterprises headed by Patrice Jacobs Wolfson.
Patrice Wolfson, owner of the last Triple Crown winner, says I'll Have Another is a worthy successor to Affirmed.
Prominent New York veterinarian and industry leader Dr. Manuel Gilman died Nov. 25.
The famous cerise, black and white colors of Louis E. Wolfson's Harbor View Farm were back in the winner's circle Dec. 24 at Calder Race Course.
Woke Up Dreamin, a two-time grade II winner who was enjoying his best season yet, was retired from racing following an unplaced effort in the Oct. 1 Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Trainer Claude "Shug" McGaughey and jockey Kent Desormeaux, along with equine stars Skip Away and Flawlessly were announced Tuesday as inductees for the class of 2004 for the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Flawlessly is the second Harbor View Farm homebred elected into the Hall of Fame, joining Affirmed, the last winner of the Triple Crown.
Foreverness, a 3-year-old winning son of Island Whirl, brought the top price of $102,000 Tuesday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Chanceland Farm Take Top Awards at MHBA Yearling Show
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- XBTV Earns Two Telly Awards for its Coverage of Pegasus