A BloodHorse magazine (issue of May 15, 1937) recap of Affirmed's 1978 Kentucky Derby victory. The story carried the headline, "Like He Always Does."
Tom Pedulla writes of Affirmed's rare talent and equally rare competition, Alydar.
New York sire was bred similarly to Affirmed by Harbor View Farm.
A new website dedicated to the memory of Affirmed, America's last Triple Crown champion, has been launched by Affirmed Enterprises headed by Patrice Jacobs Wolfson.
Patrice Wolfson, owner of the last Triple Crown winner, says I'll Have Another is a worthy successor to Affirmed.
Prominent New York veterinarian and industry leader Dr. Manuel Gilman died Nov. 25.
The famous cerise, black and white colors of Louis E. Wolfson's Harbor View Farm were back in the winner's circle Dec. 24 at Calder Race Course.
Woke Up Dreamin, a two-time grade II winner who was enjoying his best season yet, was retired from racing following an unplaced effort in the Oct. 1 Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Trainer Claude "Shug" McGaughey and jockey Kent Desormeaux, along with equine stars Skip Away and Flawlessly were announced Tuesday as inductees for the class of 2004 for the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Flawlessly is the second Harbor View Farm homebred elected into the Hall of Fame, joining Affirmed, the last winner of the Triple Crown.
Foreverness, a 3-year-old winning son of Island Whirl, brought the top price of $102,000 Tuesday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby