Colonial Affair, who helped Julie Krone make history in 1993 by becoming the first female jockey to win the Belmont Stakes and first to win any of the Triple Crown races, died on the morning of April 23 in Argentina.
Thunder Gulch and Honour and Glory, both of whom stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., and Virginia stallion Housebuster will shuttle to Argentina
Colonial Affair, winner of the 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), and prominent stallion Southern Halo will stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Argentina
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator