Three stallions from Rockridge Stud near Hudson, NY., will ship to Uruguay for Southern Hemisphere breeding in 2016.
The son of Candy Stripes, who was named U.S. Horse of the Year and champion older male in 2006, will return to Uruguay to stand at Haras Cuatro Piedras, it was announced Jan. 18.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Smarty Jones, the 2004 champion 3-year-old male and that year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner, has arrived for stallion duty in Uruguay.
Champion and dual classic winner Smarty Jones will shuttle to Uruguay for the 2011 Southern Hemisphere season.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives