Three stallions from Rockridge Stud near Hudson, NY., will ship to Uruguay for Southern Hemisphere breeding in 2016.
The son of Candy Stripes, who was named U.S. Horse of the Year and champion older male in 2006, will return to Uruguay to stand at Haras Cuatro Piedras, it was announced Jan. 18.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Smarty Jones, the 2004 champion 3-year-old male and that year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner, has arrived for stallion duty in Uruguay.
Champion and dual classic winner Smarty Jones will shuttle to Uruguay for the 2011 Southern Hemisphere season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement